Founded by a diverse group of community leaders in 1950, St. Francis is a non-profit, community hospital based in Columbus, Georgia. What began as a 154-bed hospital with 17 sisters, 171 lay people and 60 physicians has grown to a facility licensed for 376-beds with more than 2,800 associates and 300 physicians offering a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency room services, including the area’s only open heart surgery program.
Since the first patient was admitted in April 1950, St. Francis has served the community and region, providing outstanding, compassionate care from one generation to the next. Recognized as the area’s finest health care provider, St. Francis continues to reach for the highest standards of quality and safety to offer its patients the best possible care.
As part of St. Francis’ efforts to offer unsurpassed care, the organization broke ground in 2011 on two new towers. In 2013, the St. Francis Heart Hospital opened, consolidating cardiac services and moving all cardiology practices onto St. Francis’ campus. In the same year, the St. Francis Sue Marie Turner Women’s Hospital opened and delivered its first baby.
In addition to providing a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency room services at its hospital, St. Francis offers:
- High quality cardiac care, including the area’s only open heart surgery program, at St. Francis Heart Hospital.
- Outstanding orthopedic care through the St. Francis Orthopedic Institute.
- Top-notch surgical services through the St. Francis Center for Surgical Care.
- Pain management and relief from back and neck pain at the St. Francis Spine Center.
- Women’s health care services at the St. Francis Women’s Hospital.
- A senior living community at Franciscan Woods.
- Safe, compassionate mental health care through The Bradley Center.
Mission, Vision & Values
St. Francis, a community-owned, healing ministry exists to provide exceptional health care services, in partnership with physicians, for all those in need.
St. Francis will be the preeminent health care delivery system in the Chattahoochee Valley and surrounding communities- the first choice of patients, physicians, associates and payers for health, wellness and life!
- Open Communication
- Mutual Respect
- Ethical Behavior