Founded by a diverse group of community leaders in 1950, St. Francis Hospital is a non-profit, 376-bed community hospital based in Columbus, Georgia. With over 2,000 employees, St. Francis has become southwestern Georgia’s leading health care organization and the only area hospital offering open heart surgery.
In addition to providing a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency room services at its hospital, St. Francis offers:
- High quality cardiac care, including the area's only open heart surgery program, at The Patrick Heart Institute of St. Francis.
- Outstanding orthopedic care through the St. Francis Orthopedic Institute.
- Top-notch surgical services through the St. Francis Center for Surgical Care.
- Pain management and relief from back and neck pain at the St. Francis Spine and Neurosurgery Center.
- Women’s health care services at the Center for Breast Health.
- Assisted living at beautiful Franciscan Woods.
- Safe, compassionate mental health care through The Bradley Center.
Since the first patient was admitted in April 1950, St. Francis Hospital has served the community and region, providing outstanding, compassionate care from one generation to the next. Recognized as the area’s finest health care provider, St. Francis continues to reach for the highest standards of quality and safety to offer its patients the best possible care.
Since 2004, hospital admissions have risen 21 percent, surgical procedures have grown 94 percent and emergency room visits have increased 28 percent.
As part of St. Francis Hospital’s efforts to offer unsurpassed care, the organization broke ground in 2011 on two new towers. The first, a four-story building, will house a dedicated cardiovascular-surgical unit equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology. The second tower will house Cardiac and Women’s Centers of Excellence, bringing these services under one roof for patients’ convenience and putting physicians closer to their hospitalized patients. St. Francis will also add 20 new patient rooms to their Emergency Department as part of their efforts to reduce wait times and expedite patient care. The completion date for these projects is slated for fall 2013.
ACCOLADES / ACCREDITATIONS
Consumer Hospital of Choice Awards:
- Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation, according to independent research conducted by National Research Corporation (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Georgia Hospital Association (GHA):
- 2009, 2010, 2011 Circle of Excellence Award
- St. Francis Hospital Board of Trustees is Board Certified by the Georgia Hospital Associations. St. Francis is one of only two hospitals in the state with this distinction (2012)
- St. Francis Hospital’s Trinity Center for Women receives statewide Community Leadership Award (2012)
- Josh Nahum First Place Award for Achievement in Infection Prevention and Control (2007)
Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA):
- Quality and Patient Safety Award (2008)
- St. Francis Hospital received a third place award in the Greater Than 300 Beds category for “Innovations and Strategies to Improve Inpatient Diabetes” (2010)
- St. Francis also became the only hospital in Georgia to receive a fourth consecutive PHA Circle of Excellence award. St. Francis won the award for winning a PHA patient safety award in 2010 and for earning four or more PHA patient safety awards within the last five years
Society of Chest Pain Centers:
- St. Francis Hospital is Columbus’ first Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
The Joint Commission:
- St. Francis Hospital is the first in Georgia to receive Acute Coronary Syndrome disease-specific certification from The Joint Commission
- St. Francis Hospital is Columbus’ first Primary Stroke Center accredited by The Joint Commission
- St. Francis Hospital and The Bradley Center, St. Francis’ mental health facility, are accredited by The Joint Commission
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation:
- St. Francis’ Cardiac Rehabilitation program is accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
American Heart Association/Stroke Association:
- St. Francis Hospital earned American Heart Association/Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines” Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia:
St. Francis Hospital earns Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction for Spine Surgery and Knee and Hip replacement.
St. Francis Hospital
2122 Manchester Expressway
Columbus, Georgia 31904